Who ever in the world invented Caramel is a genius.
I am keeping today’s post brief because it’s a hectic last-week-before-Xmas and I don’t have anything new to share aside from this gorgeous muffin recipe that is abundant with apple and adds a light touch of sweetness to your daily routine.
It is a wonderful dough recipe that uses the moisture of sour cream instead of full milk and flour combo, and I threw in two chopped apples because it’s the holidays and I also haven’t made anything with apples in a minute. The added bonus of spices blends in together with the overall light-sweetness of the dough, without making you feel like you’re eating a whole spoon of allspice. Enjoy yours now with the recipe down below!
APPLE CARAMEL SPICE MUFFINS INGREDIENTS
PREP 12 Minutes BAKE 20 Minutes MAKES 14-15 muffins (depends on size of muffin papers)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs, preferably room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 apples, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 1/2-3/4 cup spreadable caramel or dulce de leche